The holiday season has started and I’m usually the one that helps out in the kitchen while the family gathers in the living room and catch up on personal developments, the news and other topics.
This time I’m going to cook pork medallions and what’s better than to top it off with fresh homemade shallot butter.
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 150 grams of full-cream butter
- 2-3 shallots
- 2-3 tsp Italian herb mix
- 3 tsp bell pepper powder
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
Preparation (Approx. 30min)
- Get the full-cream butter out of the fridge and let it rest at room temperature till its soft.
Or if you’re in a rush you can defrost it in the microwave for about 60-90 seconds.
- Next, chop the shallots into small fine pieces.
- Mix up the chopped onions, bell pepper powder and Italian herbs with the soft butter, making it shallot butter 😉
- Add some sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Get some aluminum foil and put the shallot butter onto it.
- Wrap the foil around and start to roll it slowly until you get a nice even butter roll.
- Store it in the refrigerator until serving.
TIP: take the shallot butter out of the fridge about 30-60min before serving.
Shallot butter goes really well on a fresh slice of bread and pork or beef meat.
You could also add a light caramelized flavor by cooking the onions snippets first on medium heat.
Looking for more? Check out other recipes and food inspiration posts.